1. Important Notice
- This Important Notice is issued by GoProIT on behalf of itself, and its affiliates (together, “GoProIT”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) and is addressed to candidates, sources, clients, referees, and every other individual outside of our company with whom we interact. This includes clients, visitors to our sites, and other users of our services (together, “you”). All defined terms used in this Important Notice are explained in Section (19).
- GoProIT is the controller of information for the purposes of this notice. GoProIT’s contact details are provided in Section (18) below.
- This Important Notice may be altered or updated in the future to reflect changes in our practices related to the Processing of Personal Data or changes in applicable law. To urge you to read this Notice carefully and regularly check this page to review any changes we might make per the terms of this Important Notice.
2. Collection of Personal Data
If required, we may collect Personal Data about you from the following sources:
- Data You Provide: We may acquire your Personal Data when you provide it to us. For example, when you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means. Or when you provide us with your resume, CV, or Business Card.
- Relationship Data: We may gather or acquire your Personal Data if you decide to build a relationship with us. For example, if you purchase a service from us.
- Data You Make Public: We may collect or acquire your Personal Data that you evidently choose to make public, including social media platforms. For example, we may collect information from your social media profile(s).
- Site Data: We may obtain or collect Personal Data when you visit our site or use any of its features or resources available on our or another site.
- Registration Details: We may obtain or collect your Personal Data when you use or register to use our site or services.
- Third Party Information: We may obtain or collect your Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us. For example, credit reference agencies, law enforcement authorities, etc.
- Single Invoice
3. Policy Creation of Personal Data
We may also create and keep Personal Data about you. For example, maintaining records of your interactions with us and any interactions, we have with clients on your behalf.
4. Categories of Personal Data We May Process
We may process the following categories of Personal Data about you:
- Personal Details: preferred name, given name(s), photograph, academic background, employment history, and other content present in the CV.
- Demographic Information: date of birth, age, gender, nationality, title, salutation, and language preferences.
- Employer Details: where you interact with us in your capacity as an employee, the address, name, telephone number, and email address of your employer, to the relevant extent.
- Contact Details: telephone number, email address, correspondence address, and details of your social media profile(s).
- Opinions and Views: any views and opinions you choose to share with us or publicly post an overview of GoProIT on any social media platform.
- Consent Records: record-keeping of any consent you may have given along with the date and time, means of consent, and any related information. For example, the subject matter of the consent.
- Data Related to Our Site: device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, date and time of connecting to our site, usage data, aggregated statistical information.
5. Processing Personal Data Based on Lawful Situations
While processing your Personal Data in accordance with the purposes set out in our Notice, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the following circumstances:
- Consent: We may process your Personal Data where we have received your prior express consent for Processing. However, this legal situation is only related to processing Personal Data that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way.
- Contractual Necessity: We may process your Personal Data where necessary, i.e., in connection with any contract you may enter with us.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your Personal Data where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purposes of managing, operating, or promoting our business. Moreover, that legitimate interest is not vetoed by your interests, freedoms, or fundamental rights.
- Compliance with Applicable Law: We may process your Personal Data where the processing is required by the applicable law. Or:
- Employer Details: Where you interact with us in your capacity as an employee, the address, name, email address, and telephone number of your employer, to the relevant extent.
- Vital Interests: We may process your Personal Data where the processing becomes necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual.
- Views and Opinions: Any views and opinions you choose to share with us or publicly post an overview of GoProIT on any social media platform.
- Data Related to Our Site: Device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, date and time of connecting to our site, usage data, aggregated statistical information.
6. Sensitive Personal Data
If unnecessary, GoProIT does not seek to collect or process your Sensitive Personal Data. However, if you choose to share any information where we find processing your Sensitive Personal Data is necessary, we rely on the following legal bases:
- In Compliance with Applicable Law: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the processing is required or permitted by applicable law (e.g., to comply with our diversity reporting obligations).
- Detection and Prevention of Crime: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- Establishment, Exercise, or Defense of Legal Rights: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal rights; or
- Consent: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to processing your Sensitive Personal Data (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
7. Purposes Why We May Process Your Personal Data
The purposes for which we may process Personal Data, subject to applicable law, include:
- Provision of Services to You: Providing our site or services to you; providing you with services you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request; and communicating with you in relation to those services.
- Compliance Checks: Fulfilling our compliance obligations, including ‘Know Your Client’ checks, confirming and verifying your identity (including by using credit reference agencies), screening against government and/or law enforcement agency sanctions lists, and other legal restrictions.
- Our Site: Operating and managing our site; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; communicating and interacting with you via our site; and notifying you of changes to our site or our services.
- Communications: Communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post, or in-person), news items, and other information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate; and obtaining your prior, opt-in consent where required.
- Communications and IT Operations: Management of our communications systems; operation of IT security systems; and IT security audits.
- Financial Management: Sales; finance; corporate audit; and vendor management.
- Surveys: Engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our services.
- Security: Physical security of our premises (including records of visits to our premises; and CCTV recordings); and electronic security (including login records and access details).
- Investigations: Detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of policy, and criminal offenses, in accordance with applicable law.
- Legal Proceedings: Establishing, exercising, and defending legal rights.
- Legal Compliance: Compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law.
8. Disclosure Of Personal Data To Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to other entities within the GoProIT group, for legitimate business purposes (including operating our site and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- Legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation.
- Accountants, auditors, lawyers, and other outside professional advisors to GoProIT, subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality.
- Third party Processors (such as payment services providers, shipping companies, etc.), located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below in this Section (H).
- Any relevant party, law enforcement agency, or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal rights.
- Any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection, or prosecution of criminal offenses or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security.
- Any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation), and
- If we engage a third-party processor to process your Personal Data, the processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only process the Personal Data in accordance with our prior written instructions, and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality, and security of the Personal Data, together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
9. International Transfer Of Personal Data
Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your Personal Data within the GoProIT group and to third parties, as noted in Section (H) above, in connection with the purposes set out in this Notice. For this reason, we may transfer your Personal Data to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located.
10. Data Security
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing, in accordance with applicable law.
- Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement all reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet – any such transmission is at your own risk, and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely.
11. Data Accuracy
We take every reasonable step to ensure that:
- Your Personal Data that we Process are accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, and
- Any of your Personal Data (that we process) that is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are processed) are erased or rectified without delay.
- From time to time, we may ask you to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Data.
12. Data Minimization
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data that we Process is limited to the reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Notice.
13. Data Retention
- We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data is only Processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice.
- The criteria for determining the duration for which we will keep your Personal Data is as follows: we will retain copies of your Personal Data in a form that permits identification only for as long as it is necessary for connection with the purposes set out in this Notice unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. In particular, we may retain your Personal Data for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise, or defend any legal rights.
14. Your Legal Rights
All subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the processing of your Relevant Personal Data, including:
- The right not to provide your Personal Data to us (however, please note that we may be unable to provide you with the full benefit of our site or our services if you do not provide us with your Personal Data).
- The right to request access to, or copies of, your Relevant Personal Data, together with information regarding the nature, processing, and disclosure of those Relevant Personal Data.
- The right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Relevant Personal Data.
- The right to request, on legitimate grounds: (i) the removal of your Relevant Personal Data; (ii) restriction of processing of your Relevant Personal Data.
- The right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your Relevant Personal Data by us or on our behalf.
- The right to have certain Relevant Personal Data transferred to another Controller, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, to the extent applicable;
- And does not prevent the Processing of your Personal Data in reliance upon any other available legal bases); and
- The right to lodge complaints with a Data Protection Authority regarding the processing of your Relevant Personal Data by us or on our behalf.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Notice, or about our processing of your Personal Data, please use the contact details provided in Section (18) below. Please note that:
- We may require proof of your identity before we can give effect to these rights; and
- Where your request requires the establishment of additional facts (e.g., a determination of whether any processing is non-compliant with applicable law), we will investigate your request reasonably promptly before deciding what action to take.
- Where we process your Relevant Personal Data based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal.
15. Cookies And Similar Technologies
16. Direct Marketing
- We may process your Personal Data to contact you via email, telephone, direct mail, or other communication formats to provide you with information regarding services that may be of interest to you. If we provide services to you, we may send information to you regarding our services, upcoming promotions, and other information that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us and always in compliance with applicable law.
- You may unsubscribe from our promotional email list at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link included in every promotional email we send. After you unsubscribe, we will not send you further promotional emails, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any services you have requested.
17. Contact Details
Unit 9105, 141 Access House Morden Road, Mitcham, Surrey, England, CR4 4DG, UK
18. CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
19. GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
20. Children’s Information
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
GoProIT does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
- “Adequate Jurisdiction” is a jurisdiction that has been formally designated by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for Personal Data.
- “Controller” means the entity that decides how and why Personal Data is processed. In many jurisdictions, the Controller has primary responsibility for complying with applicable data protection laws.
- “Cookie” means a small file that is placed on your device when you visit a website (including our Site). In this Notice, a reference to a “Cookie” includes analogous technologies such as web beacons and clear GIFs.
- “Data Protection Authority” means an independent public authority that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- “Personal Data” means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that individual.
- “Process”, “Processing” or “Processed” means anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Processor” means any person or entity that Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller (other than employees of the Controller).
- “Relevant Personal Data” means Personal Data in respect of which we are the Controller. It expressly does not include Personal Data of which we are not the Controller.
- “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offenses or penalties, national identification number, or any other information that may be deemed as sensitive under applicable law.
- “Site” means any website operated or maintained by us or on our behalf.